The 2018 edition of Doody's Core Titles in the Health Sciences (DCT), a continuing service for medical library community, is now available.
The 2018 edition of this essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries of all sizes represents the collective wisdom of 94 librarians and 74 academic healthcare professionals on the must-have titles in 121 specialties! It is intended to serve as an aid to collection development librarians responsible for collecting titles in clinical medicine, basic science, nursing, allied health, and other associated health-related disciplines.
In producing DCT, Doody Enterprises, Inc. continues to fill a void created by the discontinuation of the Brandon / Hill Selected Lists for the small medical library, in nursing and in allied health.
DCT represents Doody Enterprises' successful and timely collaboration with collection development specialists in the medical library community, academically affiliated health care professionals, Doody Enterprises Library Board of Advisors, and the medical book wholesalers servicing the medical library market.
Each new edition, which represents a completely new selection and scoring process, allows libraries to place Doody's Core Titles on standing order with Login Canada.
Doody Enterprises, the publisher of DCT, has no commercial interest in the sale of any of the titles that appear on the list.
All you need to know about must-have titles in one convenient place.
- The collection development tool created by librarians for librarians.
- No selection of core titles can match the rigorous process offered by DCT.
- Expert recommendations in 121 specialties from 94 librarians and 74 academic healthcare professionals.
Doody's Core Titles 2018 is available in two versions:
- One Stop Reference for full discoverability with direct links to
- Free Monthly Newsletter with new eBooks, new editions of DCT titles and breaking industry news. Plus, feature articles written by librarians and Doody’s Core Titles Tips.
- Easy access to the "must-have" titles through a simple, web-based interface to Search, Filter, Export and Print.
- All the features of basic, plus...
- Expert Reviews: Objective, expert evaluations of health sciences titles from Doody’s Review Service, the premier collection development tool.
- See the Evaluation Questionnaires and Star Ratings.
- Updated weekly with new reviews and e-resources.